You can easily add more users to help you maintain the school blog. Each user may be assigned different roles, which have different access rights.
The roles are:
- Administrator - someone who has access to all the administration features
- Editor - someone who can publish posts, manage posts as well as manage other people's posts, etc.
- Author - someone who can publish and manage their own posts
- Contributor - someone who can write and manage their posts but not publish posts
- Subscriber - someone who can read comments/comment/receive newsletters, etc.
Roles define a user's responsibilities within the blog and those users with Administrator, Editor and Author rights can immediately change the content of the school blog.
Note: A user must already have a Scoilnet Account before they can be added to your school blog. All users with Scoilnet Accounts for your school will be able to login to your school blog with subscriber rights i.e they can read comments/comment/receive newsletters, etc. You only need to add a user to your school blog where you want them to have Contributor, Author, Editor or Administrator rights. A non-teacher scoilnet account can be setup for the purposes of adding this account as a blog user. This is done by the school administrator logging into their Scoilnet Account and Adding another Webmaster on the Web Hosting tab.
Steps to follow to add Additional Users to your Schools Blog
- Ask the user for their Scoilnet Account Username. If the user does not have one tell them to go to https://accounts.scoilnet.ie/ click on the Register tab and register for a Scoilnet Account.
The following steps need only be followed where you want the user to have a Contributor, Author, Editor or Administrator role. By creating a user Scoilnet Account for your school the user will automatically have a Subscriber role.
- Click on the Users Menu on the Blog Dashboard.
- Select Add User
- Enter the Scoilnet Account Username and select the Role you would like the user to have.
- Click on the Add user button.