Difference between revisions of "Blogs - Posts"
|Line 52:||Line 52:|
=== Deleting a Post ===
=== Deleting a Post ===
Revision as of 11:51, 31 October 2008
What is a Post?
Writing posts and pages is the core activity in blogs. You can start your blogging at the Write menu. In blogging, you can write either posts or pages. When you're writing a regular blog entry, you write a post. Posts automatically appear in reverse chronological order on your blog's home page. Pages, on the other hand, are for content such as "About Me," "Contact Me," etc. Pages live outside of the normal blog chronology, and are often used to present information about yourself or your site that is somehow timeless -- information that is always applicable. You can use Pages to organize and manage any amount of content.
n general, Pages are very similar to Posts in that they both have Titles and Content and can use your site's Presentation Templates to maintain a consistent look throughout your site. Pages, though, have several key distinctions that make them quite different from Posts.
What Pages Are:
* Pages are for content that is less time-dependent than Posts. * Pages can be organized into pages and SubPages. * Pages can use different Page Templates which can include Template Files and Template Tags.
What Pages are Not:
* Pages do not cycle through your blog's main page. * Pages cannot be associated with Categories and cannot be assigned Tags. * Pages are not files. They are stored in your database just like Posts are.
Creating a Post
When you fist login to the blog dashboard you few options on how to create a new post.
You can start to create a new post in one of two ways
- Click the 'Write' tab on the top menu
- Click the 'Write a new Post' Button in the centre of the dashboard
Both options are highlighted in the image below.
When you click one of these options you will be brought to the creation page for a new post. It is here where you actually write the text and carry out the formatting options for the post that will appear on the main page of your blog. The interface is shown below.
When you are finished writing the writing/editing the text for a post you need to decide a few things.
- Whether to publish, mark for review or leave unpublish the post.
- Whether to publish the post immediatly or at a specific time
- Whether to mark the post as private, so that only logged in users can see the post (**** NOT RECOMMENDED ****)
These things are decided and selected from the menu on the right hand side of the page, as shown below.
|Publish Status||Publish Immedialty / Later||Publish as Private|