Google Apps for Education
The recommended method of validating the domain for Google Apps for Education is via uploading a HTML file see http://www.google.com/support/a/bin/answer.py?answer=63026
However it is easier to add a txt record but bit messy to get the contents of the text record from google. Please do the following:
- Login to the google apps control panel
- Goto Domain setup and select Choose a different method
- Select the option "Add a domain host record (TXT or CNAME)"
- Select the "I have successfully logged in" checkbox and then the "I have opened the control panel for my domain"
- Ensure that the Name/Host/Alias contains the scoilnet website name and sent the exact contents of the Value/Answer/Destination by copying this value and pasting it into an email to the broadband service desk. You can also send them a screenshot of this screen.
- The broadband service desk will organise that a TXT record is created for the scoilnet website.
- As soon as the TXT record has been created, (mxtoolbox.com can be used to verify this), select the "I have created the TXT record" within the google apps control panel.