Setting up a Web Folder under Vista
- Select Computer from the Start icon.
- With Computer selected in the left panel, you see "Map network drive" in the tool bar. Click on "Map network drive".
- On the "Map Network Drive" dialog, click on the "Connect to a Web site that you can use to store your documents and pictures" link.
- On the first of a series of "Add Network Location" dialogs, click Next.
- Select "Choose a custom network location." and click Next.
- Enter the URL of the network address and click Next.
- The network address should be in the form:
- school1 should be replaced with your school's own Online Name
- Note: You may be prompted to enter your User name and password two or three times.
- Type a name for the network location.
- This is the name of the folder you will use to access your files. i.e. "school1 on upload.scoilnet.ie"
- Press Finish.
- In the left panel under "Folders", the name of the network location you chose will appear in the list.