Upload your website using BitKinex
Note: The following only seems to work when logged in as the Administrator User of Vista
First, your computer must have Microsoft's Software Update for Web Folders (KB907306) installed in order for WebDAV to function properly with Vista. If you have not already done so, install this update
Download and Install BitKinex
Click here to download BitKinex. When it is downloaded double click the file and the install program will begin. Just Keep clicking 'Next' and accept all the defaults until the install is complete.
When the install is complete the program will launch
- When BitKinex runs for the first time you may recieve an error like this. If you just press the OK button, as the error has no effect on the programs functionality.
- The program will then continue to load. The first screen you will see will look like this. Just click the next button, unless you are behind a proxy server (which is unlikely)
- The next page allows you to limit the amount of traffic your uploading will consume on your network. It is bes to not touch these values and just press the next button, as indicated in the picture.
- On the next screen just press the Finish button, as indicated in the picture.
- A new screen will appear which allows you to enter in your website address.
First off select HTTPS from the radio buttons and then in the white box type your network address The network address should be in the form:
school1 should be replaced with your school's own Online Name