Upload your website using Dreamweaver CS3
Dreamweaver CS3 WebDAV Tutorial
This tutorial will guide your Dreamweaver CS3 WebDAV set up. It includes the fix link on Adobe web site that you will need to download and the steps to define your site on Dreamweaver CS3 that you need to specify in order to connect to your web site.
WebDAV is the required, method for web-authors to access Scoilnet web sites. Before you can connect to a site, you must be have your username and password.
Before You Begin
Web pages are files that live on a "server" computer. The files are never edited on the server itself. Instead, we use Dreamweaver to copy them to a folder on our local computer, then edit them and put them back to overwrite the original on the server.
If you have worked on the site before, perhaps in a different version or format, you should empty your current local folder to ensure you don't accidentally upload the older files. Move the files to a different folder if you want to save them.
Obtaining a fix and replacing "NetIODav.dll" file:
Note: You must apply the fix in order to be able to connect using Dreamweaver CS3 WebDAV. Without the fix, you will not be able to connect even though you follow the later steps precisely.
Select the following link and follow the instruction on Adobe web site:
To Connect to Your Remote Site
After you have finished with the fix on Adobe web site, please follow the instructions below:
- Open Dreamweaver CS3 application
- Select "Site" from the menu; then select "New Site..." from the drop down menu
- See Figure below:
Note: The following will also allow you to manage new site and also edit existing sites that you already have them set up:
- Select "Site" from the menu; then select "Manage Sites..." from the drop down menu
- On the "Mange Sites" window, select "New..." button on the right, and select "Site"
- Or, if you need to edit existing site set up, you will select the site from the left panel window, and select "Edit..."
- On the "Site Definition" window, select "Advanced" tab
- On the left panel titled "Category," select "Local Info"
- On the right panel titled "Local Info," define each item as follows: (refer to the figure below)
- You may choose to have it on your hard drive on the desktop or anywhere on your C:. This option is good when you only work at that computer and nowhere else. The easiest place to remember is to create a folder on your desktop.
- You may also leave the default as is; however, please remember the path to get to your folder, in case you need to upload new files. This option is good when you only work at that computer and nowhere else.
- You may also choose to save it on a removable storage, such as your thumb drive (flash drive), zip drive, i.e. This option is good when you need to do
- "Site Name:" -- please enter your site name of your school i.e. https://upload.scoilnet.ie/school1
- "Local root folder:" --You will now choose where you would like to have a local copy of your files/folders from the server. Select "Browse" to the local folder of your choice. See the following:
- "Default images folder:" -- Leave it blank
- "Links relative to:" -- Select "Document"
- "HTTP address:" – Change it to, "https://" Note that after you finish defining your site, when you edit, this field will be filled out automatically.
- "Case-sensitive links:" -- Leave it unchecked
- "Cache:" -- Check the box to enable it
- Do not click "OK" yet Please proceed to the next step.
- On the left panel titled "Category," select "Remote Info"
- On the right panel titled "Remote Info," click on and select "WebDAV" for "Access:"
- See Figure below:
- Please follow the steps below to define your Remote WebDAV information: (refer to the figures below)
- "URL:" -- Type in your publishing URL i.e https ://upload.scoilnet.ie/school1
- "Login:" -- The login is identical to that of the admin account in the email system (i.e. school1)
- "Password:" -- Type in your Password>/li>
- "Save" option-- Check in the box if you do not wish to log in every time you make a connection
- option: Do check your connection if the Login and Password you
specified can connect. The following window appear while Dreamweaver is trying to connect:
- If you see the following window, your connection is successfully established. Please select "OK" to close the pop-up window and proceed to step 7.6
- If you see the following window, your connection to the remote host cannot be established.
- to see what happens