Upload your website using Netdrive
Novell's Netdrive is a free WebDAV client, and is the recommended way to connect to the Web Hosting platform.
Netdrive is available for download here.
Netdrive installation does not require anything other than clicking a few times.
- Pick a language
- Click on "Next"
- Click on "Yes"
- Click on "Next"
- You may be asked to restart your machine before you can configure Netdrive. If a restart is not prompted an explorer window should pop up with the files installed. Double-click on Netdrive.exe to start configuring Netdrive.
- Goto Start Programs Netdrive Netdrive to start the Netdrive Application
- Click on "New Site"
- Where it asks you to enter a name for your new site, you should fill in: upload.scoilnet.ie
- Where it asks you for the site address, you should fill in: https://upload.scoilnet.ie/school1
- school1 should be replaced by your school's Online Name.
- If you are unsure what your Online Name is, please contact the NCTE Service Desk.
- Click on "Connect". If you wish Netdrive to connect to your website space every time you start your computer, tick the box beside Connect at login/startup. We recommend you tick this box.
- Under "Drive", you should choose a drive letter that you are not currently using. If you are unsure what to set this to, leave it as X:
- You should enter your username and password as shown below, replacing jmurphy1234 with your own.
- A new drive now appears in "My Computer"
Upload your files
- Go into the new drive (by double-clicking it).
- Copy your website files into the school1.scoilnet.ie folder. Your folder will have your Online Name instead of school1.
- The files now exist in the school1.scoilnet.ie folder.
You should now be able to view your updated website.
If you receive this error then you have mistakenly entered http:// instead of https:// in the Site Address/URL section. By adding https:// you will not receive this error.
This error indicates that you have typed an incorrect username, password or both. Re-type the username and password that were provided to you and try again. Username and Password are Case-Sensitive. If it does not work contact the NCTE Service Desk for assistance.
This error indicates that you already have a mapped drive created under that drive letter. Either disconnect the current drive or change the drive letter assignment and retry.