Upload your website using Netdrive
Novell's Netdrive is a free WebDAV client, and is the recommended way to connect to the Scoilnet Web Hosting platform.
Netdrive is available for download here.
Netdrive installation does not require anything other than clicking a few times.
- Pick a language
- Click on "Next"
- Click on "Yes"
- Click on "Next"
- You may be asked to restart your machine before you can configure Netdrive. If a restart is not prompted an explorer window should pop up with the files installed. Double-click on Netdrive.exe to start configuring Netdrive.
- Goto Start Programs Netdrive Netdrive to start the Netdrive Application
- Click on "New Site"
- Where it asks you to enter a name for your new site, you should fill in: upload.scoilnet.ie
- Where it asks you for the site address, you should fill in: https://upload.scoilnet.ie/school1
- school1 should be replaced by your school's Online Name.
- If you are unsure what your Online Name is, please contact the NCTE Service Desk.
- Click on "Connect". If you wish Netdrive to connect to your website space every time you start your computer, tick the box beside Connect at login/startup. We recommend you tick this box.
- Under "Drive", you should choose a drive letter that you are not currently using. If you are unsure what to set this to, leave it as X:
- You should enter your username and password as shown below, replacing jmurphy1234 with your own.
- A new drive now appears in "My Computer"
Upload your files
- Go into the new drive (by double-clicking it).
- Copy your website files into the school1.scoilnet.ie folder. Your folder will have your Online Name instead of school1.
- The files now exist in the school1.scoilnet.ie folder.
You should now be able to view your updated website.
If you receive the below error then you have mistakenly entered http:// instead of https:// in the Site Address/URL section. By adding https:// you will not receive this error.
This error below indicates that you have typed an incorrect username, password or both. Re-type the username and password that were provided to you and try again. Username and Password are Case-Sensitive. If it does not work contact the NCTE Service Desk for assistance.
The error below indicates that you already have a mapped drive created under that drive letter. Either disconnect the current drive or change the drive letter assignment and retry.