Upload your website using Web Folders under Vista
Windows Vista Client Setup Instructions
This document provides instructions to set up WebDAV on a computer with the Windows Vista operating system. WebDAV is a method of viewing all of your files so that you may easily manage them using drag and drop.
First, your computer must have Microsoft's Software Update for Web Folders (KB907306) installed in order for WebDAV to function properly with Vista. If you have not already done so, install this update as follows:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=17C36612-632E-4C04-9382-987622ED1D64 You should see the following page:
- Press the Download button. You should see the following page:
- Select Run to install the update immediately or Save to save it on your machine to install later.
- If you saved the update, double-click on it to proceed with the installation.
Setting up WebDAV
- Select Computer from the Start icon.
- With Computer selected in the left panel, you see "Map network drive" in the tool bar. Click on "Map network drive".
- On the "Map Network Drive" dialog, click on the "Connect to a Web site that you can use to store your documents and pictures" link.
- On the first of a series of "Add Network Location" dialogs, click Next.
- Select "Choose a custom network location." and click Next.