Upload your website using Web Folders under Vista
Windows Vista Client Setup Instructions
This document provides instructions to set up WebDAV on a computer with the Windows Vista operating system. WebDAV is a method of viewing all of your files so that you may easily manage them using drag and drop.
First, your computer must have Microsoft's Software Update for Web Folders (KB907306) installed in order for WebDAV to function properly with Vista. If you have not already done so, install this update
You should see the following page:
- Press the Download button. You should see the following page:
- Select Run to install the update immediately or Save to save it on your machine to install later.
- If you saved the update, double-click on it to proceed with the installation.
Setting up WebDAV
- Select Computer from the Start icon.
- With Computer selected in the left panel, you see "Map network drive" in the tool bar. Click on "Map network drive".
- On the "Map Network Drive" dialog, click on the "Connect to a Web site that you can use to store your documents and pictures" link.
- On the first of a series of "Add Network Location" dialogs, click Next.
- Select "Choose a custom network location." and click Next.
- Enter the URL of the network address and click Next.
- The network address should be in the form:
- school1 should be replaced with your school's own Online Name
- Note: You may be prompted to enter your User name and password two or three times.
- Type a name for the network location.
- This is the name of the folder you will use to access your files. i.e. "school1 on upload.scoilnet.ie"
- Press Finish.
- In the left panel under "Folders", the name of the network location you chose will appear in the list.