Upload your website using Web Folders under XP
If you prefer not to install third-party software such as Netdrive, Windows is capable of natively browsing and uploading content to the WebHosting platform.
You should substitute your school's Online Name for anywhere below that references school1.
- Click on the start button
- Click on Settings and Network Connections
- Click on Tools and Map Network Drive
- Click on Sign Up for online storage or connect to a network server.
- Click Next
- Select Choose another network location and click on Next
- Where it asks for the address of your website, enter:
- Type in your username and password when you are prompted. You may be required to enter it more than once.
- You will be prompted for a name for your Web Folders. You can leave it at the default e.g. school1.scoilnet.ie
- Click on Finish
- You can now open your Web Folder. You may be prompted for your username and password again.
- You may wish to add this folder to your Favorites at this time.
- Your website files should be copied into the school1.scoilnet.ie folder.
- Your website should now be updated.